The Wine Depot wasn't always the Wine Depot. Established during the 1960’s the Train Depot was originally the pet project of Jerry Kolb. He successfully operated his real estate business (MJB Realty) for many years until relocating it to the adjacent building where it thrives today.
The yellow caboose and boxcar were purchased at auction in 1967. The caboose went for $ 1800 while the boxcar cost only $ 800. The Train Station is intended as a memorial to an era when these cars were common place and state-of-the-art technology.
The romantic notion of taking a holiday on the train lives on at the Wine Depot. “All aboard!”